Nick Kaluk is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Business Restructuring & Workouts Group. Mr. Kaluk regularly advises debtors, ...
Read Full Biography
- David’s Bridal in its successful pre-packaged Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, under which David’s Bridal cut its debt by more than $400 million while preserving its business intact and ensuring that 80,000 pending customer orders and all trade claims would be satisfied without interruption.
- Standard General, as a significant creditor and equityholder in the Chapter 11 case of General Wireless, which is the successor in interest to RadioShack. The firm previously represented Standard General, as debtor-in-possession lender and successful stalking horse bidder, in the 2015 Chapter 11 case of RadioShack Corporation in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- ACP Re, National General Management and AmTrust North America in the negotiation and implementation of a conservation and liquidation plan for CastlePoint National Insurance Company, the remaining insurance company member of the Tower Group after the consolidation of 10 Tower Group insurance companies from six states to facilitate the conservation and liquidation of such companies for the benefit of policyholders.
- La Paloma Generating Company, a California-based power producer, in its $524 million Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Kelso & Company, the private equity sponsor of Logan’s Roadhouse Inc., in connection with Logan’s pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings and in a privately negotiated exchange offer to holders of Logan’s senior secured notes resulting in the issuance of over $220 million in new senior secured notes.
- Boomerang Tube LLC in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings and successful restructuring of approximately $300 million of ABL and term loan debt obligations.
- Getty Images in multiple capital-raising initiatives to complement its existing debt structure and in exploring related balance sheet alternatives with respect to its approximately $2.3 billion in funded debt.
- Crown Resorts, one of Australia’s largest gaming and resort operators, and Elan Holdings in the distressed acquisition of a controlling interest in a 34.6-acre site formerly occupied by the New Frontier casino on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of PharMEDium, a leading provider of sterile compounding services to hospital pharmacies.
- Wilsonart, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Durcon, a manufacturer of laboratory-grade work surfaces.
- Brooklyn Law School, 2011, J.D.
- Columbia University, 2005, B.A.