Paul Eastham is an English-qualified associate in the firm’s Tax Department and is based in the London office.
He is a general corporate and transactional ...
Read Full Biography
- Fifth Wall in the formation of its European Real Estate Technology Fund, a €140 million fund targeting investments in high-potential European startups, and potential co-investing opportunities alongside Fifth Wall’s North American Real Estate Tech funds.
- Smartly.io, the leading social advertising platform, in its acquisition of Ad-Lib.io, the creative optimization platform.
- SPB Exchange in its $175 million initial public offering of shares to Russian and international investors with listing on SPB Exchange.
- Naviera Ultranav in the combination of Ultragas ApS’s fleet business with Navigator Holdings. The combined entity will have an aggregate net asset value of approximately $1.3 billion.
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- Park Square Capital in the formation of Park Square Capital Partners IV, a €2.2 billion subordinated debt fund.
- Top Tier Capital Partners in the formation of Top Tier European Venture Capital Fund SCSp, a €260 million European venture capital fund of funds.
- AIA in its acquisition of BEA Life Limited and 15-year exclusive bancassurance partnership with The Bank of East Asia in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
- Ozon in its $750 million offering of 1.875% senior bonds due 2026 convertible into American depositary shares representing ordinary shares of Ozon.
- Metric Capital Partners in the formation of MCP Private Capital Fund IV, a €1.2 billion European special opportunities fund.
- GreyCastle in its sale to Monument Re, advising on the complex offshore UK / Bermuda life insurance structure. Debevoise also advised on the original establishment of GreyCastle.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing and tax aspects of its £400 million acquisition of Huntsworth.
- HarbourVest Partners as lead investor in the GP-led restructuring of Bridgepoint Capital’s €4.8 billion crisis-era fund, Bridgepoint Europe IV.
- Glendower Capital in the formation of Glendower Capital Secondary Opportunities Fund IV, a $2.7 billion global secondary private equity fund.
- FWD in its acquisition of MetLife Hong Kong.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- DBAY Advisors in the formation of DouglasBay Capital III Fund, a European fund making investments in small and micro-cap listed companies.
- Apera Asset Management in the formation of its €750 million private debt platform, focussing on senior secured loans to lower mid-market businesses in German-speaking Europe, France, Benelux, the UK and Northern Europe.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the merging of its Lloyd’s business with Canopius. The transaction will create a top-five insurer at Lloyd’s with combined premiums of approximately $2.2 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Westbury Street, a leading independent contract caterer and hospitality services provider in the UK.
- OEConnection, a Providence Private Equity portfolio company, in its acquisition of Bluegrasscoms.
- Canson in the formation of its $100 million co-investment fund, which will co-invest in the acquisition of a majority stake in the Financial and Risk division of Thomson Reuters.
- Atkore in its acquisition of Flexicon.
- Adveq in its sale to Schroders.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in its investment in Datamars.
- American International Group in several transactions with Fairfax Financial, a leading global property and casualty insurer and reinsurer, as part of a strategic partnership in 12 jurisdictions across Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $219 million acquisition of ANV Holding, a Lloyd's platform.
- AltaOne Capital in its acquisition, with Silver Lake, of a 37.6% interest in Cegid Group, valuing the company at €580 million.
- College of Law, London, 2013, L.P.C.
- University of Oxford, 2011, B.A. (Hons)