Spencer K. Gilbert is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. He has experience with mergers and acquisitions, ...
Read Full Biography
- Aflac Global Investments, a subsidiary of Aflac, in its $3 billion strategic partnership with Varagon Capital Partners.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $205 million acquisition of Cynosure from Hologic.
- Wilsonart, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in the $150 million sale of its Asia Business to Aica Kogyo and the Development Bank of Japan.
- Prudential Financial in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Assurance IQ.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its sale of CoAdvantage to Aquiline Capital.
- Bain Capital Private Equity and Diamond Castle in the sale of Beacon Health Options to Anthem.
- Schneider Electric in its joint venture with The Carlyle Group to develop energy management and automation solutions for critical infrastructure projects.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and TRANZACT in the $1.3 billion sale of TRANZACT to Willis Towers Watson.
- Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of Zarbee's Naturals, a leader in naturally-based healthcare products.
- SunSource, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of United Distribution Group, one of the largest distributors of industrial components and assemblies in North America.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its joint investment with Cardinal Health in naviHealth, the largest manager of post-acute benefits for health plans and a leading value-based care partner to health systems and providers.
- Solenis, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its combination with BASF's paper and water chemicals business.
- SunSource, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of Ryan Herco Flow Solutions, a distributor of hydraulic and pneumatic fluid power products in the U.S. and Canada.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.4 billion take private of Ply Gem and acquisition of Atrium Windows & Doors, two leading building products companies.
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of MedRisk, a provider of managed physical medicine to the workers’ compensation industry.
- Knighthead Capital Management in its formation and capitalization of Knighthead Holdings Ltd., a Cayman Islands-based annuity provider.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of SunSource, a distributor of hydraulic and pneumatic fluid power products in the U.S. and Canada.
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor to Assurant, in its $2.5 billion acquisition of The Warranty Group.
- Schneider Electric in its $900 million divestiture of Telvent DTN, a leader in providing information services, supply chain connectivity tools and decision support solutions to the agricultural, energy and environmental industries, to TBG AG, a private Swiss holding company.
- Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services in its buyout of Harsco Corporation’s 26% interest in Brand, a leading single-source provider of specialized industrial services to the worldwide energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Tranzact Holdings, the leading provider of comprehensive, direct-to-consumer sales and marketing solutions for insurance carriers in the U.S., from White Mountains Insurance Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $415 million acquisition of High Ridge Brands, the largest North American consolidation platform focused on acquiring orphaned personal care brands, from Brynwood Partners.
- TruGreen, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, and CD&R in TruGreen’s merger with Scotts LawnService.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor to Symetra Financial Corp, in its $3.8 billion sale to Sumitomo Life.
- Univar in its $885 million initial public offering and concurrent private placement of $350 million of shares to Temasek and the additional purchase of 5 million shares of Univar common stock from selling stockholders by Temasek.
- StanCorp Financial Group in its $5 billion sale to Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Wilton Re, a U.S. life insurance and reinsurance provider.
- Liberty Mutual in the sale of Summit Holdings Southeast and its related companies to American Financial Group.
- Yale Law School, 2013, J.D.
- New York University, 2010, B.A.