Tony Dymond is a partner in the firm’s London and Hong Kong offices, and a member of the International Dispute Resolution Group. He is Co-Chair of ...
Read Full Biography
- A leading global engineering and project management company in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising out of the construction of a multi-billion dollar LNG plant.
- A consortium of international EPC contractors in pre-arbitral proceedings over a delay and disruption to construction of an airport in the Middle East.
- An engineering and commissioning contractor in an AUS$2 billion ICC Singapore arbitration concerning the disputed termination of an EPC subcontract to build a captive Combined Cycle power station on an LNG facility.
- A consortium of international contractors led by KBR in claims brought by subcontractors on a Nigerian liquefied natural gas (LNG) project.
- A naval dockyard in disputes arising out of the construction of a nuclear submarine docking facility.
- An NYSE-listed oil and gas company in a high value ICC arbitration in Mumbai arising from the design and installation of sub-sea gas pipelines in the Bay of Bengal.
- An international defence contractor in contracts for submarines for the Korean navy.
- An energy super-major in the engineering, procurement and construction contracts for an LNG project in Angola.
- A member of a consortium of international contractors in an ICC arbitration in Switzerland against the employer under a FIDIC Silver Book based contract in respect of the early termination of an €800 million construction contract for a high profile international rail project.
- An international contractor in an LCIA arbitration in London arising out of a coal-fired power project in Eastern Europe.
- The sponsor of an aborted IPP project in Indonesia in an ICC arbitration in London.
- A Russian mining and minerals conglomerate in disputes arising out of defects in a nickel/iron smelter.
- A Japanese contractor on the EPC contract for the Fujian LNG project.
- Hong Kong and China Gas on the Guangdong LNG project; the construction of a twin gas submarine pipeline; and the construction of, and claims arising out of the construction of, the permanent aircraft fuel facility (PAFF) serving Hong Kong International Airport.
- Sumitomo Chemical on the EPC contracts for construction of the $9.8 billion Rabigh refinery expansion and petrochemical project in Saudi Arabia.
- EdF Energy in construction contracts for the UK nuclear new-build (NNB) programme and on the funded nuclear decommissioning programme.
- A consortium of energy majors in a dispute with a former Soviet Republic arising under a production sharing agreement.
- A leading international oilfield services company in a joint venture dispute in the Middle East.
- MTR in an ad hoc arbitration in London arising out of the construction of the Airport Express Railway in Hong Kong.
- The Department of Trade and Industry in claims relating to the construction of the National Physical Laboratory.
- Paul Y Construction in its successful claims for rectification of an SPA for the sale of the Downer Group of construction companies to BIL, and for recovery of HK$200 million due under the SPA.
- The Government of Lithuania on the construction contracts for the Visanginas nuclear power project.
- An international joint venture in two HKIAC arbitrations arising out of the construction of Hong Kong International Airport.