Uri Herzberg is a partner and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Groups. Mr. Herzberg has a broad-based transactional ...
Read Full Biography
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and BrandSafway in the $6.2 billion sale of BrandSafway to Brookfield Business Partners L.P. and CD&R Fund X.
- Wilsonart, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in the $150 million sale of its Asia Business to Aica Kogyo and the Development Bank of Japan.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of additional shares of common stock of Beacon Roofing Supply pursuant to a forward purchase contract with Credit Suisse.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $500 million preferred stock investment in Beacon Roofing Supply’s $2.625 billion acquisition of Allied Building Products.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.5 billion acquisition of HD Supply’s Waterworks Division, the largest distributor of waterworks products in the U.S.
- Elliott Management in its $540 million redeemable preferred stock investment in Roadrunner Transportation Systems, a leading asset-right transportation and asset-light logistics service provider.
- RWL Water in the merger by acquisition of Emefcy Group and RWL Water.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services in the merger of Brand Energy and Safway Group, forming the leading global industrial service business with over $5 billion in revenue.
- Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services in its buyout of Harsco Corporation’s 26% interest in Brand, a leading single-source provider of specialized industrial services to the worldwide energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of up to a 49% stake in NYSE-listed CHC Group, the world's largest commercial helicopter operator with an enterprise value of $1.9 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisitions of Brand Energy and Harsco Infrastructure in a combined transaction valued at $2.5 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.05 billion acquisition of a majority ownership stake in Wilsonart International Holdings, the decorative surfaces unit of Illinois Tool Works.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 60% stake in Hussmann International, a leading global manufacturer of refrigerated display merchandizing equipment and refrigeration systems for the retail food industry, from Ingersoll Rand.
- Teachers' Private Capital, the private equity arm of the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, in its acquisition of Exal Group, the world’s largest specialty maker of aluminum containers.
- The Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of the general partner of Icahn Enterprises L.P. in its acquisition of 54% of the common stock of American Railcar Industries, Inc. and 71% of the common stock of Viskase Companies, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in the sale of Manna Pro Products, a recognized leader in the care and nurturing of pets, with roots going back to 1842, to funds affiliated with The Carlyle Group.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners and Pathway Vet Alliance in the $2.7 billion sale of a majority stake in Pathway to TSG Consumer Partners.
- Morgan Stanley Tactical Value in its debt and equity investment in Unipharma, a Florida-based, family-owned healthcare packaging business.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its investment in Pathway Partners, a leading veterinary hospital owner and operator.
- Nestlé Skin Health in its $1 billion acquisition of Guthy Renker’s worldwide Proactiv business, the world’s leading non-prescription acne brand.
- PharMEDium, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and the leading national provider of outsourced compounded sterile preparations to acute care hospitals in the United States, in its $2.6 billion sale to AmerisourceBergen.
- Nestlé in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the aesthetic dermatology business of Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Galderma Pharma as the stalking horse in a Section 363 sale by Graceway Pharmaceuticals. (Terminated)
Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Spruce House Investment Management in its $170 million PIPE investment in GTT Communications.
- Altegrity, a global, diversified risk and information services company, together with its operating businesses Kroll, HireRight and USIS, in their pre-negotiated Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, in which they successfully restructured more than $1.8 billion in funded indebtedness and consensually resolved significant contested claims that had been asserted by the United States government. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of ten “Successful Restructurings 2015.”
- Verizon Communications in the $10.54 billion sale of its local wireline operations in California, Florida and Texas to Frontier Communications.
- Tribune Media Company in its spin-off of Tribune Publishing Company.
- Altegrity in its acquisition of CVM Solutions, a leading provider of supplier management technology and data solutions.
- Providence Equity Partners and Altegrity in the $520 million sale of Explore Information Services, a provider of database insurance technologies and e-government applications, to NYSE-listed Solera Holdings.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- AmTrust Financial Services in a strategic transaction with Madison Dearborn for a portion of AmTrust’s U.S. fee businesses valued at $1.15 billion.
- Alliant Insurance Services, the nation’s largest specialty insurance brokerage firm, in its acquisition of Mesirow Insurance Services.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $12 billion acquisition of GE Capital’s sponsor lending business, including Antares Capital, the leading lender to middle market private equity sponsors in the U.S.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, in its $217.2 million acquisition of The Phoenix Companies.
- TIAA-CREF in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Nuveen Investments, a diversified investment management company with $221 billion in assets under management.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in its acquisition of Sila, a heating and air company that offers HVAC, plumbing, indoor air quality, and home automation systems in the Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic United States.
- Manna Pro, a manufacturer and marketer of pet care and nutrition products and a Morgan Stanley Capital Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of Hero Pet Brands.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and its portfolio company, TruGreen, in TruGreen’s debt recapitalization and acquisition of the interest held by The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company in TruGreen.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority interest in American Greetings.
- TruGreen, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, and CD&R in TruGreen’s merger with Scotts LawnService.
- Standard General in its acquisition of over 1,700 RadioShack stores in alliance with Sprint as part of RadioShack’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Logan's Roadhouse, a casual dining restaurant chain, from an investor group led by Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Capco in the $1.45 billion sale of Capco to Wipro.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in its investment in World 50, a provider of private peer communities for business executives.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and TRANZACT in the $1.3 billion sale of TRANZACT to Willis Towers Watson.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $650 million acquisition of Capco, FIS’s management consulting business.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Creative Circle, one of North America’s largest independent staffing firms specializing in advertising, creative and marketing talent.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of EmployBridge, a provider of outsourced human resource and specialty-branded temporary staffing services.
- Altegrity and Providence Equity Partners in their $1.13 billion acquisition of Kroll from Marsh & McLennan.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners and Cadence Education in the sale of Cadence Education to Apax Partners.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in its acquisition of Educate 360 Holdings.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its sale of Learning Care Group, a leading provider of early education and child care services, to American Securities.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its partnership investment in Cheney Brothers, a leading family-owned and operated regional food distributor serving the Southeastern United States.
- HarbourVest Partners in numerous direct co-investments in a variety of buyout, growth equity and mezzanine investments.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Access Cash, a Canadian independent service organization that manages the country’s second largest network of automated teller machines.
- Prime Licenciamentos e Participações in its transfer of certain intellectual property rights of Brazilian soccer star Pelé to Sport 10 Limited.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2007, J.D.
- Yeshiva University, 2004, B.A.