Andrew J. Ceresney is a partner in the New York office and Co-Chair of the Litigation Department.
Mr. Ceresney represents public companies, financial ...
Read Full Biography
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in federal and state investigations of mortgage servicing, foreclosure, and origination related issues, including in connection with $25 billion settlement with DOJ, State Attorneys General and other federal authorities.
- A major insurer in SEC and DFS investigations related to financial reporting and internal controls issues.
- A clearing firm in various examinations and enforcement matters before the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- A high-profile financial information content provider in an SEC investigation.
- A large global hedge fund in an SEC investigation related to alleged Rule 105 violations.
- A major financial institution in DOJ Mortgage Fraud Task Force, SEC and AG investigations of mortgage-backed securitizations.
- JPMorgan Chase in investigations by several State Attorneys General and a federal regulator into credit card collections and debt sale practices.
- A major global financial institution in federal and state regulatory investigations relating to auction-rate securities.
- A leading financial institution in a Department of Justice investigation relating to alleged money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act violations.
- A major investment bank in an internal investigation relating to mispricing of subprime securities and representation in follow-up government investigations.
- A major accounting firm in a Public Company Accounting Oversight Board inquiry.
- A national accounting firm in U.S. Attorney's Office and SEC investigations relating to collateralized debt obligations.
- Major financial institutions on Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act compliance issues, including a review of Bank Secrecy Act compliance for these institutions.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in civil lawsuits filed by the Massachusetts and New York attorneys general alleging consumer protection violations based upon the bank’s use of the Mortgage Electronic Registration System and allegations that the banks foreclosed without proper standing.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- A technology company in an SEC investigation related to key performance indicators.
- A private equity firm in an SEC investigation focused on technology investments.
- Time Warner Book Group and New York Times editor Timothy O'Brien in a libel action brought by Donald J. Trump relating to the publication of Mr. O'Brien's book "TrumpNation," which was dismissed on motion for summary judgment for failure to demonstrate actual malice.
- A large media company in U.S. Attorney’s Office investigation of alleged improper subscription practices.
- A digital currency exchange in an NYAG inquiry.
- A public company engaged in Bitcoin mining operations and blockchain investments in an SEC investigation.
- A private technology company developing virtual currency-payment solutions in private civil litigation and regulatory matters.
- A global pharmaceutical company in an SEC investigation.
- Forest Laboratories and Forest Pharmaceuticals in the settlement of civil and criminal investigations led by the United States Department of Justice and the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts, and related civil qui tam litigation, regarding marketing, promotional and other activities for its products Celexa, Lexapro and Levothroid.
- Forest Laboratories in multi-district litigation class action suits arising from the marketing and promotion of Celexa and Lexapro.
- A leading healthcare company in an SEC inquiry into securities and derivative trading prior to the announcement of its recent transaction.
- A global shoe and apparel company in a federal corruption investigation.
- A Brazilian industrial company in an FCPA investigation.
- A major international conglomerate in conducting FCPA due diligence on numerous M&A transactions.
- A global corporation in an investigation into alleged conduct by current and former employees that potentially violated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- A large, multinational company on compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in connection with various foreign business ventures.
- A Special Committee of the Board of Tommy Hilfiger in an internal investigation and United States Attorney’s Office investigation of tax accounting issues related to offshore subsidiaries.
- Kenneth D. Lewis, former CEO of Bank of America, in regulatory matters relating to the Merrill Lynch acquisition, including defense against civil claims brought by the New York Attorney General and various civil securities and derivative cases.
- A former senior manager at AIG in an investigation of valuation of credit default swaps.
- The former officer of a public company in a filed SEC action in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York alleging accounting fraud and revenue recognition violations.
- Yale Law School, 1996, J.D.
- Columbia University, 1993, B.A.