Andrew J. Ceresney is a partner in the New York office of Debevoise and Co-Chair of the Litigation Department.
Mr. Ceresney represents public companies, ...
Read Full Biography
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in federal and state investigations of mortgage servicing, foreclosure, and origination related issues, including in connection with $25 billion settlement with DOJ, State Attorneys General and other federal authorities.
- A major financial institution in a SEC investigation related to financial reporting issues.
- A global shoe and apparel company in a federal corruption investigation.
- A global pharmaceutical company in an SEC investigation.
- A high-profile financial information content provider in an SEC investigation.
- A large global hedge fund in an SEC investigation related to alleged Rule 105 violations.
- A Brazilian industrial company in an FCPA investigation.
- A major financial institution in DOJ Mortgage Fraud Task Force, SEC and AG investigations of mortgage-backed securitizations.
- A major bank in investigations by several State Attorneys General of credit card collection and debt sale practices.
- Kenneth D. Lewis, former CEO of Bank of America, in regulatory matters relating to the Merrill Lynch acquisition, including defense against civil claims brought by the New York Attorney General and various civil securities and derivative cases.
- A major international conglomerate in conducting FCPA due diligence in connection with numerous M&A transactions.
- Time Warner Book Group and New York Times editor Timothy O'Brien in a libel action brought by Donald J. Trump relating to the publication of Mr. O'Brien's book "TrumpNation," which was dismissed on motion for summary judgment for failure to demonstrate actual malice.
- A major global financial institution in federal and state regulatory investigations relating to auction-rate securities.
- A former senior manager at AIG in an investigation of valuation of credit default swaps.
- A leading financial institution in a Department of Justice investigation relating to alleged money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act violations.
- A major investment bank in an internal investigation relating to mispricing of subprime securities and representation in follow-up government investigations.
- A major accounting firm in a Public Company Accounting Oversight Board inquiry.
- A national accounting firm in U.S. Attorney's Office and SEC investigations relating to collateralized debt obligations.
- Forest Laboratories and Forest Pharmaceuticals in the settlement of civil and criminal investigations led by the United States Department of Justice and the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts, and related civil qui tam litigation, regarding marketing, promotional and other activities for its products Celexa, Lexapro and Levothroid.
- Forest Laboratories in multi-district litigation class action suits arising from the marketing and promotion of Celexa and Lexapro.
- A large hospital corporation in an insider trading investigation conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office and SEC.
- A global corporation in an investigation into alleged conduct by current and former employees that potentially violated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- A large, multi-national company on compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in connection with various foreign business ventures.
- Major financial institutions on Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act compliance issues, including a review of Bank Secrecy Act compliance for these institutions.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in civil lawsuits filed by the Massachusetts and New York attorneys general alleging consumer protection violations based upon the bank’s use of the Mortgage Electronic Registration System and allegations that the banks foreclosed without proper standing.
- A Special Committee of the Board of Tommy Hilfiger in an internal investigation and United States Attorney’s Office investigation of tax accounting issues related to offshore subsidiaries.
- The former officer of a public company in a filed SEC action in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York alleging accounting fraud and revenue recognition violations.
- A large media company in U.S. Attorney’s Office investigation of alleged improper subscription practices.
- Yale Law School, 1996, J.D.
- Columbia University, 1993, B.A.