Philipp von Holst (LL.M., NYU) is an international counsel based in the Frankfurt office and a member of the firm's Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions, ...
Read Full Biography
- Solenis, a leading global producer of specialty chemicals, in its acquisition of German chemical producer SCL.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of PwC’s Global Mobility Tax and Immigration Services practice, the global leader in employee tax, immigration, business travel, cross-border managed services, and payroll solutions to multinational organizations and their employees.
- Helios Investment Partners, the leading Africa-focused private investment firm, in its sale of a 49% stake in GBfoods Africa, one of Africa's largest FMCG groups.
- GoDaddy in its acquisitions of the .club and .design domain extensions, as well as 28 domain extensions (and certain other business assets) owned and operated by Minds + Machines Group Limited (MMX).
- DoubleVerify, a Providence Equity Partners portfolio company and a leading software platform for digital media measurement and analytics, in its agreement to acquire Meetrics, a European ad verification company, in an all-cash transaction.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of the .design domain extension.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of the .club domain extension.
- Carlyle, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Syniverse’s $2.85 billion merger with special purpose acquisition company M3-Brigade Acquisition II Corp. resulting in Syniverse becoming a publicly traded company.
- Carlyle, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Twilio’s $750 million investment in Syniverse.
- hoch.rein in its sale of chargeIT to stock-listed energy company Eneco; chargeIT was the largest independent player in the German market for charging systems for Electronic Vehicles, charging controllers and IT software.
- VINCI Energies in its acquisition of Converse Energy Projects (now Actemium Energy Projects or AEP) from Schneider Electric; AEP is a leading provider of turnkey industrial power distribution solutions in Germany.
- TPG Growth in its takeover of the existing assets of the Abraaj Group’s $1 billion Global Healthcare Fund. The deal saw Debevoise win the “Specialist Deal Legal Advisor” category at the Private Equity Africa Awards.
- Pitney Bowes in the sale of its global production mail business to Platinum Equity.
- Dover Corporation in its acquisition of Germany-based Ettlinger, a leading manufacturer of filtering solutions for the plastics recycling industry.
- VINCI Energies in its acquisition of Horlemann Group.
- Helios Investment Partners in the formation of a joint-venture with GBfoods targeting the African fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector, creating one of Africa's largest FMCG groups, operating in 30 African countries, including leadership positions in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Helios Investment Partners in its sale of a minority stake in Interswitch to TA Associates. Helios Investment Partners remains the majority shareholder following the transaction.
- Belectric in its sale of Belectric Solar & Battery to Innogy.
- Hanwha SolarOne in its $2 billion acquisition of Hanwha Q CELLS.
- MAG Group in the sale of its subsidiary MAG IAS, including its French subsidiary Forest Liné, to Fives Group.
- Helios Investment Partners in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Interswitch, Nigeria’s largest electronic transaction switching and payment processing service provider, from several Nigerian banks.
- Dover Corporation in the asset purchase of Genesis Europe, a sales and distribution business for heavy tools in the scrap and demolition industry.
- Ripplewood in its €532 million sale of AEG Power Solutions to Germany1 Acquisition.
- PJSC Polyus and its indirect subsidiary Polyus Finance in the listing of bonds on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and the Stuttgart Stock Exchange.
- Haversham in the debt financing aspects of its approximately £1.2 billion acquisition of British Car Auctions.
- Beximco Pharmaceuticals in its Euler Hermes covered ECA financing of up to $52 million, with BHF-Bank as lender.
- SPIE in the €2.16 billion refinancing of its existing debt.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its €1.2 billion acquisition of Mauser Group, one of the world’s leading industrial packaging companies.
- Reynolds Group in the $3 billion senior secured and unsecured notes issuance and $2.02 billion term loan senior secured financing to finance its $6 billion acquisition of Pactiv.
- Fritz Dräxlmaier in two separate private placements of senior notes to U.S. institutional investors with an aggregate amount of $750 million.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America and other institutional investors in several separate U.S. private placement transactions as purchasers of notes issued by German and European companies with a combined value of over €1 billion.
- MAG Industrial Automations Systems and its subsidiaries in the $200 million refinancing of their existing U.S. and European credit facilities.
- Swiss International Airlines in its operating lease with Cirrus Airlines.
- Kering in the financing aspects of its €5.3 billion acquisition of the Puma Group.
- Webasto, one of Germany's major automobile parts suppliers, in its €250 million syndicated loan facility.
- A large Germany-based manufacturing company in a compliance review and internal investigation of global sales intermediaries.
- An international public-listed services company in an internal investigation and compliance review of its German group companies.
- A leading European retail company in the assessment of its compliance management system in Germany.
- Siemens in an internal investigation to determine whether anti-corruption regulations had been violated and in an independent and comprehensive assessment of the compliance and control systems at Siemens.
- New York University School of Law, 1995, LL.M.
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, 1989, First State Examination