Matthew Pincus is an international counsel in the firm’s Tax Department, focusing on the tax aspects of private investment funds and secondary transactions.
Read Full Biography
- A secondaries investor as the lead investor in the recapitalization of two “end-of-life” funds, sponsored by the same manager, in a merger transaction designed to offer liquidity to existing investors.
- AltaOne Capital in its acquisition, with Silver Lake, of a 37.6% interest in Cegid Group, valuing the company at €580 million.
- HarbourVest Partners in its €360 million acquisition, through a fund managed by Compass Partners International, of five portfolio companies from Bridgepoint Capital.
- HarbourVest Partners in the €400 million secondary acquisition, through a newly-formed fund managed by Portobello Capital, of the private equity portfolio of Portobello Capital II LP, as part of a fund restructuring.
- Deutsche Bank in the formation of Deutsche Bank Secondary Opportunities Fund III, a $1.65 billion U.S. and Europe secondaries fund.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in its $360 million acquisition of Nord Anglia Plc.
- AIA Group in its $1 billion Rule 144A placement in the United States.
- One of Deutsche Bank's private equity platforms in its acquisition of interests in Calastone, Graze, Secret Escapes and Zoopla Property Group from Octopus, a leading specialist fund management company.
- HarbourVest Partners in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the private equity fund interests and direct co-investments of Conversus Capital.
- Columbia Law School, 2009, J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, 2003, Ph.D.
- Columbia University, 1993, B.A.