Debevoise & Plimpton LLP’s Asset Management, Banking and Insurance Groups have been recognized by Law360 as 2017 Practice Groups of the Year.
It is the second time Debevoise’s Banking and Insurance Groups have picked up the accolade, while the firm’s Asset Management team was named to Law360’s inaugural class of honored asset management practice groups.
Law360’s annual practice group awards highlight the law firms that “notched the biggest litigation victories or deals of the year.” Winners are selected “for the size, complexity and significance of the deals or litigation they worked on.” These honors recognize work done by transactional, litigation and regulatory lawyers across each of the groups.
Ranked among the leading practices in the United States, the Debevoise Banking Group advises banks and other financial institutions on the gamut of regulatory, litigation and transactional matters. The practice advises financial industry clients on mergers and acquisitions, U.S. and international regulatory and compliance issues, enforcement matters, capital markets activities and new product development.
Debevoise’s Insurance Group handles the most complex insurance industry transactions, the highest-stakes disputes and the most challenging regulatory engagements. The Group advises insurance companies, reinsurers, private equity firms, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance brokers and intermediaries and significant industry associations. Lawyers are dedicated to M&A, finance, capital markets, regulatory, tax, employment and litigation experts all with a deep commitment to the industry.
Debevoise’s Asset Management Group has handled major asset management M&A transactions, counseled key industry players on critical regulatory challenges and become a trusted advisor to all manner of asset management clients through a period of tumultuous change. The team regularly represents buyers and sellers across a broad spectrum of transactions in the asset management industry, including public and private acquisitions by asset management companies, securities firms, private equity groups, insurance companies, domestic and foreign banks and management groups.
In the last year, lawyers from Debevoise’s Asset Management, Banking and Insurance Groups received a range of notable acclaim from around the market:
- Jonathan Adler and Andrew M. Ahern, who focus on advising sponsors of private investment funds, were both recognized as Law360 “Rising Stars.”
- Jennifer L. Chu, who focuses on advising on mergers and acquisitions particularly in the insurance and healthcare industries, was recognized as a New York Law Journal “Rising Star.”
- Courtney M. Dankworth, who focuses on banking enforcement actions and disputes related to financial services and consumer finance, was recognized as a Law360 “Rising Star” and was also named to the Benchmark Litigation “Under 40 Hot List.”
- Maeve O’Connor, Partner, who focuses on complex civil litigation and regulatory inquiries, was named to Benchmark Litigation’s “Top 250 Women in Litigation” list.
- Shannon Rose Selden, whose broad practice has a particular focus on the litigation in the investment management industry, was named to Benchmark Litigation’s “Top 250 Women in Litigation” list.
Debevoise & Plimpton is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. We deliver effective solutions to our clients’ most important legal challenges, applying clear commercial judgment and a distinctively collaborative approach.