For the second consecutive year, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP’s deep bench of talented women litigators stood out in Benchmark Litigation’s just-released annual list of “the most distinguished women in the world of litigation.”
Once again, eight Debevoise litigation partners were recognized by Benchmark Litigation among the “Top 250 Women in Litigation” in the United States. In announcing this year’s distinguished list of litigation professionals, Benchmark stated, “These women have earned their place amongst the leading female litigators by participating in some of the most impactful litigation matters in recent history as well as by earning the hard-won respect of their peers and clients.”
These litigators have exceptional reputations for providing market-leading representation:
- Mary Jo White, Senior Chair of the firm and leader of the Strategic Crisis Response and Solutions Group, specializes in multi-faceted government investigations and white collar, SEC enforcement and internal investigations.
- Mary Beth Hogan, co-Chair of the Litigation Department, specializes in general commercial, government investigations, and labor and employment litigation matters.
- Catherine Amirfar, co-Chair of the firm's Public International Law Group and a member of the International Dispute Resolution Group, routinely represents multinational corporations, sovereign states, and international organizations before international arbitration tribunals and U.S. court systems.
- Helen V. Cantwell, partner, focuses her practice on white collar criminal defense, regulatory enforcement actions and internal investigations.
- Maura Kathleen Monaghan, partner, focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including products liability and mass tort litigation, environmental, healthcare, regulatory and criminal investigations and arbitration.
- Maeve O’Connor, partner, who focuses her practice on complex civil and commercial litigation. She often represents life insurance companies and defends in securities litigation matters.
- Natalie L. Reid, partner specializing in international arbitration, public international law and complex commercial litigation matters.
- Shannon Rose Selden, partner, focuses in the investment management industry where she represents clients such as hedge funds and private equity firms.
This latest recognition builds on Debevoise’s enduring reputation for the strength of its women lawyers and the inclusive culture and flexible policies that have made possible the development of several generations of the firm’s women leaders.
According to Benchmark Litigation, women litigators named to its “Top 250” list were selected after several phases of research, including the review of recent case work, peer reviews and client feedback.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. We deliver effective solutions to our clients’ most important legal challenges, applying clear commercial judgment and a distinctively collaborative approach.