Ted Hassi is a litigation partner and member of the Antitrust Group. Named as Antitrust Litigator of the Year in the Benchmark Litigation U.S. Awards 2019, ...
Read Full Biography
- Impax Laboratories in litigation arising from FTC claims regarding alleged anticompetitive “reverse payment” patent litigation settlements.
- A packaged seafood company in multi-district class action litigation over price fixing allegations.
- A generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in the In re Generic Pharmaceuticals Pricing Antitrust Litigation.
- A pharmaceutical manufacturer against claims of market monopolization through their use of exclusive agreements with API suppliers of an injectable drug.
- A credit card issuer in the In re Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Litigation.
- A computer chip manufacturer in monopolization claims against an industry-leading chip manufacturer.
Merger Clearance and Litigation
- Bass Pro in its $4 billion acquisition of outdoor sporting goods retailer Cabela’s.
- Ardagh Group in its acquisition of $3.4 billion in divestitures from the Ball-Rexam merger.
- Honeywell in its litigation to block the merger of competing electronics manufacturers.
- Sysco in the FTC’s challenge to its $8 billion merger with food distribution rival US Foods.
- Halliburton in litigation brought by the DOJ to block its merger with Baker Hughes.
- A building products manufacturer in strategic acquisition of competitor.
- An aircraft parts manufacturer in multiple strategic acquisitions.
- A generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in FTC investigations related to “reverse payment” settlements.
- A trade association, acting as counsel in antitrust and intellectual property governance and compliance matters.
- An industrial manufacturer in an FTC investigation into exclusionary practices by an industry trade group.
- Various clients in confidential FTC and DOJ Antitrust investigations.
- Various clients, acting as antitrust counsel on industry-specific issues including compliance with interlocking directorate regulations, competitor collaborations, and other contractual arrangements, as well as corporate antitrust compliance investigations and programs.
- Fordham University School of Law, 1995, J.D.
- U.S. Naval Academy, 1986, B.S.