From April 5 to April 6, the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) will hold its 2016 Global Privacy Summit in Washington, D.C. Debevoise has taken a key role in sponsoring the event that expects to draw over 3,000 leading privacy practitioners from around the world.
Debevoise lawyers will offer discussions on the latest privacy and cyber issues at the firm’s booth. Highlights include:
- Luke Dembosky: “Assessing Corporate Cyber Risks Globally and Understanding the Emerging Threat Landscape”
- Jeremy Feigelson: “On the Internet, Everyone’s a Video Star: Defensible Privacy Practices for Online Streaming”
- Christopher Garrett: “Navigating the Murky Waters of EU Data Protection and Corporate Investigations”
- Satish M. Kini: “Compliance with Bank Secrecy, AML and Privacy Laws in Global Banking”
- David A. O’Neil: “The Silver Lining in Cloud Computing and Mobile Devices”
- Jim Pastore: “Government: Friend or Foe? Understanding Cybercrime Prosecutions”
- Dr. Thomas Schürrle: “Shield or Sword: The New Framework of the EU-US Privacy Shield”
- Jeewon Kim Serrato: “Got Data? How to Identify the Crown Jewels and Prioritize Cybersecurity Resource Spend”
Debevoise’s Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice provides a collaborative approach to help clients navigate their business-critical privacy, data protection and data security issues. The practice assists clients with a broad range of privacy, data protection and data security matters, and has special expertise in helping clients navigate the forensic and legal aftermath of data breaches. The firm’s cross-border, interdisciplinary team also offers regulatory counseling, defends clients in government enforcement actions, litigates privacy-related class actions and other matters, and handles transactions where data protection and security issues arise.
Learn more about the practice at debevoisedata.com.
The International Association of Privacy Professionals is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource, helping practitioners develop and advance their careers and organizations manage and protect their data. The IAPP is a not-for-profit association founded in 2000 with a mission to define, support and improve the privacy profession globally. The IAPP is committed to providing a forum for privacy professionals to share best practices, track trends, advance privacy management issues, standardize the designations for privacy professionals and provide education and guidance on opportunities in the field of information privacy. The IAPP has more than 24,000 members across 83 countries. More information about the IAPP is available at www.iapp.org.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. We deliver effective solutions to our clients’ most important legal challenges, applying clear commercial judgment and a distinctively collaborative approach.