The 2018 edition of Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration recognizes 14 Debevoise & Plimpton LLP lawyers for their outstanding and widely respected work in international arbitration.
The Debevoise lawyers named as market leaders in the newly-released Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration include partners Catherine Amirfar, Donald Francis Donovan, Mark W. Friedman, Lord Goldsmith KC, Wendy J. Miles QC, Ina C. Popova, Dietmar W. Prager, Natalie L. Reid, David W. Rivkin, Christopher K. Tahbaz and Patrick Taylor; international counsel Aimee-Jane Lee and Samantha J. Rowe; and associate Floriane Lavaud.
In addition, the publication named Debevoise partners Donald Francis Donovan, Mark W. Friedman, Wendy J. Miles QC and David W. Rivkin as “Thought Leaders,” while second time honoree partner Natalie L. Reid and associate Floriane Lavaud have been recognized in the “Most Highly Regarded” section of the “Future Leaders” lists. Also noted as “Future Leaders” are partner Patrick Taylor, and international counsel Aimee-Jane Lee and Samantha J. Rowe.
According to Who’s Who Legal, recognized lawyers are selected after “comprehensive, independent survey work with both general counsel and private practice lawyers worldwide.” Additionally, individual lawyers who “scored very highly in [the] research” are given short profiles in the guide. These include:
- Donald Francis Donovan: Who’s Who Legal notes Mr. Donovan “has a position ‘at the top of everyone’s list’ and is highly recommended for his ‘very deep and wide knowledge and experience on international law and investment disputes.’”
- Mark W. Friedman: Who’s Who Legal notes Mr. Friedman “is widely respected as an expert in arbitration matters.”
- Wendy J. Miles QC: Who’s Who Legal notes Ms. Miles is “’one of the most high-profile arbitration practitioners in London’, with over 20 years’ experience representing a wide array of parties on complex international matters.”
- David W. Rivkin: Who’s Who Legal notes Mr. Rivkin “wins praise as ‘a tenacious advocate’ whom market respondents consider ‘an excellent arbitrator’ as well as ‘the best counsel there is.’”
- Natalie L. Reid: Who’s Who Legal notes Ms. Reid “is ‘a very dynamic practitioner who really stands out in the US,’” whose “peers also speak highly of her expertise in public international law.”
- Floriane Lavaud: Who’s Who Legal notes that Ms. Lavaud’s “peers describe [her] as ‘one of the best practitioners in her field.’ She pays attention to detail and is very talented in respect of analysing and constructing legal arguments."
Debevoise’s International Dispute Resolution Group has been described as a “market-leading group offering in-depth expertise across all international arbitration issues.” Its deep bench advises on the most complex international disputes for leading multinationals, international organizations, sovereigns and non-governmental organizations in commercial, investment treaty and public international law disputes.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. We deliver effective solutions to our clients’ most important legal challenges, applying clear commercial judgment and a distinctively collaborative approach.