The 2021 edition of Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration recognizes 19 Debevoise & Plimpton LLP lawyers for their outstanding and widely respected work resolving complex international disputes.
The Debevoise team recognized in this year’s guide includes partners Catherine Amirfar, Donald Francis Donovan, Tony Dymond, Mark W. Friedman, Lord Goldsmith KC, Ina Popova, Dietmar Prager, Natalie Reid, David W. Rivkin, Samantha Rowe, Christopher Tahbaz and Patrick Taylor; international counsel Aimee-Jane Lee, counsel Floriane Lavaud and associates Daniel Aun, Conway Blake, Merryl Lawry-White, Cameron Sim and Laura Sinisterra.
Additionally, the publication named Debevoise partners Catherine Amirfar, Donald Francis Donovan, Lord Goldsmith KC, and David W. Rivkin “Global Elite Thought Leaders,” while counsel Floriane Lavaud has been recognized in the “Most Highly Regarded” section of the “Future Leaders” list.
Lawyers were selected for inclusion in the 2021 rankings based on nominations from peers and clients. A select group of lawyers who particularly stood out in this year’s research also received a short profile in the guide. The recognized partners include:
- Catherine Amirfar: Who’s Who Legal reports that “[t]he ‘quick-thinking and experienced’ Catherine Amirfar is noted as ‘one of the best on Middle East issues’” and that she “possesses ‘a stellar intellect and great skills in oral advocacy’.”
- Donald Francis Donovan: Who’s Who Legal notes that Mr. Donovan “is a superior name in the field, with deep experience as chair and sole arbitrator in international investment and commercial disputes.” Based on surveys of others in the field, Mr. Donovan is widely regarded as one of the leading international arbitration practitioners, international lawyers, and international advocates in the world.
- Mark W. Friedman: Who’s Who Legal notes that Mr. Friedman “‘is a clear thought leader’ and one of [the] ‘finest writers’ in the arbitration community.”
- Lord Goldsmith KC: Who’s Who Legal notes that Lord Goldsmith “is ‘an exceptionally well-regarded name’ and ‘elder statesman’ whom top sources agree is one of the most influential names in the arbitration field.”
- Ina Popova: Who’s Who Legal notes that Ms. Popova “draws praise from peers who name her as ‘one of the most impressive lawyers of her generation’.”
- David W. Rivkin: Who’s Who Legal notes that Mr. Rivkin “is ‘a senior statesman’ in the field, say peers, who speak highly of his excellent practice acting as both counsel and arbitrator. He is regularly engaged to act in major international disputes and enjoys a superb reputation as an ICSID expert.”
The lawyers who received special recognition in this year’s “Future Leaders” guide include:
- Counsel Floriane Lavaud: Who’s Who Legal notes that “[t]he ‘phenomenal’ Floriane Lavaud is a ‘shining star in the field of international arbitration’ with ‘perfect knowledge of regulatory law’ according to highly impressed peers.”
- Associate Daniel Aun: Who’s Who Legal notes that Mr. Aun “earns acclaim as a ‘simply outstanding lawyer’ with a ‘strong understanding of complex [FCPA] regulations’ as well as ‘deep knowledge of the Brazilian market’.”
- Associate Laura Sinisterra: Who’s Who Legal notes that Ms. Sinisterra “is a ‘superb lawyer’ who is ‘extremely talented’ and a ‘top choice for disputes in the oil and gas and construction industries’.”