An interdisciplinary team of lawyers from Debevoise & Plimpton LLP are attending the 2019 International Bar Association Annual Conference in Seoul, South Korea. The multi-day event, which includes nearly 5,000 lawyers from more than 125 countries, features panel sessions and committee meetings on a wide array of legal themes.
Debevoise lawyers speaking at the conference include:
- Cate Bae: “Hot Topics and Regulatory Developments Relevant to Asset Managers and Investment Funds”
- Luke Dembosky: “New Horizons for Data Protection and Cybersecurity in Africa: The Role of Lawyers in Developing and Implementing New Legislative Frameworks”
- Tony Dymond: “A Transnational Approach: The Practical Use of UNIDROIT Principles for International Commercial Contracts” and “Construction Insurance: Everything’s Covered Until There’s A Loss but Very Little Is Covered Once There’s A Loss”
- Andrew Levine: “Global Anti-Corruption Update”
- Dietmar Prager: “Hot Topics In International Arbitration” and “Arbitration Committee Breakfast”
- David W. Rivkin: “The Managing Partner’s Career”
- Christopher Tahbaz: “Ways To Cope In Practice Management” and “Justice Machines: Dystopia Or Opportunity? Judicial Function and Dispute Resolution In The AI Era”
Partners Ezra Borut, Rebecca Silberstein and Patrick Taylor and senior advisor Deborah Enix-Ross, who also serves as Senior Vice Chair of the IBA’s Bar Issues Commission, Chair of the BIC Policy Committee, and a member of the IBA’s Management Board and Strategic Planning Committee are attending the IBA Annual Conference as delegates.
Additionally, several Debevoise partners hold leadership roles within the IBA and its subcommittees, including:
- Kara Brockmeyer: Vice Chair of the Structures Settlements Sub-Committee, Anti-Corruption Committee
- William Chua: Officer of the Corporate and M&A Law Committee
- Luke Dembosky: Co-Chair of the Cybercrime Subcommittee, Member of the IBA Presidential Task Force on Cybersecurity
- Andrew Levine: North America Regional Representative of the Anti-Corruption Committee
- Ina Popova: Member of the Working Group on the UNIDROIT Principles 2016
- Dietmar Prager: Chair of the International Commercial Arbitration Case Law Subcommittee
- David W. Rivkin: Past President and Honorary Lifetime Member of Council and Association
- Paul Rodel: Senior Vice Chair of the Securities Law Committee
- Karolos Seeger: Officer of the Business Crimes Committee
- Rebecca Silberstein: Chair of the 2019 IBA Annual Conference on the Globalisation of Investment Funds, Member of the Organizing Committee of the IBA Private Investment Funds Conference
- Patrick Taylor: Member of the Select Arb40 Committee
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. We deliver effective solutions to our clients’ most important legal challenges, applying clear commercial judgment and a distinctively collaborative approach.